Peer Reviewed Papers
Public Health and Health Systems
- Jooma R, Khan A, Khan AA. Strategies to Protect Pakistan’s Health during the Global Economic Crisis. East Mediterr Health J 2012; 18(3): 287-93
- Ahmed S, Khan AA, Khan A. Prioritized Targeting or Mile Wide, Inch Thin: Time to Strategize Public Sector Health Investments. Pak J Pub Health 2011; 1(1): 59-60
- Khan AA, Khan, A, Qureshi H. Why don’t we conduct more research? JPMA 2014; 64 (1) 31.
- Khan AA, Khan A, Javed W, Hamza HB, Orakzai M, Ansari A, Abbas, K. Family Planning in Pakistan: Applying What We Have Learned. JPMA 2013; 63 (4, Suppl 3): S3-10
- Khan AA, Abbas K, Hamza HB, Bilal A, Khan A. From Contraceptive Prevalence to Family Planning Service Users: Implications for Policy and Programmes. JPMA 2013; 63 (4, Suppl 3): S11-15
- Khan AA, Khan A, Abbas K, Tirmizi SFA, Islam ZU. The Context and Limitations of Female Sterilization Services in Pakistan. JPMA 2013; 63 (4, Suppl 3): S21-26
- Ahmed S, Khan AA, Khan A. Policy & Program Implications of Unmet Need for FP in Pakistan. JPMA 2013; 63 (4): S16-20
- Abbas K, Khan AA, Khan A. Costs & Utilization of Public Sector FP Services in Pakistan. JPMA 2013; 63 (4, Suppl 3): S33-39
- Azmat SK, Ahmed, Hameed, Bilgrami M, Khan A, Khan AA. Performance and Measurement of a Community-Based Distribution Model of Family Planning Services in Pakistan. JPMA. 2013; 63 (4, Suppl 3): S40-45
- Jooma R, Khan AA. Contraception, synergies and options. (Editorial). JPMA 2009: Suppl 2: 38-9
HIV/ Infectious Diseases/Sexual Health
- Khan AA, Altaf A, Khan AA, et al. Reuse of syringes for therapeutic injections in Pakistan: rethinking its definition and determinants. EMHJ 2020, 26 (3) 283-89.
- Khan AA, Jooma R, Qureshi H, Salim M,Khan A. Comparison of the National Need and Supply of Syringes for Therapeutic Injections in Pakistan. JPMA 2012; 62 (11): 1149-53
- Khan AA, Khan A. The HIV Epidemic in Pakistan. JPMA. 2010;60(4):300-7
- Khan A, Fortenberry JD, Juliar BE, Wanzhu T, Orr DP, Batteiger BE. The Prevalence of Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomonas in Sexual Partnerships: Implications for Partner Notification and Treatment. Sex Transm Dis. 2005; 32:260-264.
- Khan AA, Awan AB, Qureshi SH, Razzaque A, Zafar ST. Large Sharing Networks and Unusual Injection Practices May Explain The Rapid Rise in HIV Prevalence Among IDUs. Harm Reduct J. 2009; 6:13
- Khan AA, Khan, A. Care Provision for Sexually Transmitted Infections in Pakistan. JPMA, 2012; 62(9): 941-45
- Khan AA, Khan A. Performance and Coverage of IDU Interventions in Pakistan. IJDP 2011; 22: 219–25
- Brewer DD, Khan AA. HCV and HIV Prevalences strongly correlated in Asian communities with reservoirs of HIV in high-risk groups J Infect Dev Countries 2010; 4(7): 442-7
- Ahmad S, Mehmood J, Awan AB, Zafar ST, Khoshnood K, Khan AA. Female Spouses of IDUs in Pakistan: At Risk or a Bridge Population of the HIV Epidemic East Mediterr Health J 2011;17 (4): 271 – 276
- Khan AA, Rehan N, Qayyum K, Khan A. STI Symptoms and Care seeking in Pakistan. JPMA. 2009; 59(9): 628-30
- Khan AA, Khan A. et al. Correlates & Prevalence of HIV & STIs Among Hijras in Pakistan. I J STD AIDS. 2008; 19(12):817-820.
- Khan AA, Khan A. HIV/TB co-infection: Are new approaches needed. JCPSP. 2008; 18 (5) 324.
- Blanchard JF, Khan A, Bokhari A. Variations in Population Size, Distribution and Client Volumes among Female Sex Workers in 7 cities in Pakistan. Sex Transm Infect 2008;84 (2); ii24-7
- Khan AA. HIV Testing In Low Prevalence Populations. JPMA 2005; 55 (9): 406
- Khan AA. HIV/AIDS: The State of the Nation. (Perspectives). Inf Dis J Pak 2005; 14 (2): 64-5
- Khan A, Fortenberry JD, Temkit MH, Wanzhu T, Orr DP, Batteiger BE. Gender Differences in Sexual Behaviors in Response to Genitourinary Symptoms. STIs 2005; 81:262-266.\
- Khan AA, Khan A, et al. Physical Symptoms in Primary Care: Etiology and Outcome. Psychosomatics 2003; 44: 471-478.
- Khan AA, Kroenke K. Diagnosis and Treatment of the Dizzypatient. Prim Care Case Res 1999; 2 (1): 3-11.
- Moore RH, Khan A, Dickey BF. Long Acting Inhaled β2 Agonists in Asthma Therapy. Chest 1998; 113(4) 1095-108